Newbie Question

	I added a burner to my box that wanted to be secondary master
bumping my Linux partitions to secondary slave. Of course Linux won't
boot now and even in repair mode I am having troubles, even vi has
unfulfilled dependencies and can't start.

	Short of a complete reinstall, any way to convince the
installation it is now on HDD instead of HDC.

	Would editing the fstab and lilo.conf files solve the problem
or am I just wasting my time because of other hard coded configuration
pointers in other files.

	A curious (but empty) mind wants to know.