On Sat, 18 Aug 2001, Terry Houle wrote:

> If I partition my laptop HD for a Linux partition I am wondering if that
> should be a primary or locical partition?  I want to have a dual boot with
> Win ME.

I personally prefer to make all my partitions primary.  The reason being
(yes, I know it's dumb) is that in DOS fdisk, if you make 3 primary
partitions they show up as Non-DOS and you can delete them if you
must.  If you make a logical, you end up in the bind with fdisk that a
logical parition exists, no drives are defined, buit there's something
there so fdisk can't dump it.

If you plan on carving up your drive big time, logical partitions are just
fine.  I'm starting to use them more now that I use more than 3 partitions
for linux.

-Brian