On Thu, 16 Aug 2001 23:23:46 -0500
"Joel Luth" <joel at luths.net> wrote:

> I had a Caviar crap out on me once. (maybe that takes the jinx off you)

When  I was supporting some old Dell hardware about a year ago, I had two
Western Digital Caviar 33XXX series (3GB) just die on me within a span of
a few weeks. Both suffered a hard fault, and were not recoverable. I have
a friend with the selfsame drive in her home machine, I'm urging her to
replace it before it turns into a replace,recover & reload...

                           -.bill.layer.-

-.those who are talking don't know, and those who know aren't talking.-

           -.frogtown.-     -.minnesota.-      -.u.s.a.-