I've been trying to convert some tif files (taken w/ a Fuji S1 camera) to
jpgs.

When I use this:
convert DSCF0043.TIF DSCF0043.JPG

I get:
convert: DSCF0043.TIF: unknown field with tag 34665 (0x8769) ignored.
(DSCF004TIF).

I am also using a script that I found on the net that looks like this:
#!/bin/sh

 for f in $* ;do
 if echo "$f" | grep -i "TIF$" > /dev/null ; then
   TIF=`echo "$f" | sed 's/JPG$/TIF/i'`
   echo "converting  $f to $TIF ..."
   convert 80x80 $f $TIF
 else
   echo echo "$f is not a TIF file, ignored"
 fi
done

It takes a while and then it says:
convert: Unable to open file (DSCF0022.TIF.TIF) [No such file or directory].
convert: Missing an image file name.

I have 200 hundred tif files that I need to throw up on the web in jpeg
format and I sure as h**l am not going to do it by hand.

Any and all help is appreciated.
Dan