(Warning, long message!!!)

Well,
I wrote to Qwest's president and got a response back from an
underling. Nice to know they care. Is it just me, or does this
reply below sound like a bucket of dung?

1.  I did let them know I was aware of the FCC ruling which
does deal with competitive carriers (I guess Covad is not one
of these)

2.  I did let them know I was under 18,000 feet from the CO
(12,900 in fact), to which they said 15,000 feet is the max
when the FCC ruling clearly states lines less than 18,000 feet.

3.  The part about not doing any line conditioning is maybe my
mis-interpretation of the ruling, but it sure reads like they
should.  (Not sure why the ruling was made if they (Qwest),
can just side step it by saying (we don't wanna)!!!

Gotta love the phone company!

Kelly Black

Dear Ms. Black,

Thank you for your email.  I am an assistant to Mr. Joseph P.
Nacchio,
president of Qwest Communications.  The information contained
in your email
regarding conditioning is a completely different matter than
your
situation. The information you provide relates to a
competitive carrier
using our line facilities.
One of the reasons you would have load coils on your line
would be the
distance that you are from our central office.  Load coils
boost the line
signal from our central office to your residence. DSL is
distance sensitive
and is limited to 15,000 feet from the central office. Qwest's
does not
remove load coils , provide any special line conditioning or
switch
customers from one pair of wire to another in order to
provision DSL. We
apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Louis Armenta
Assistant to CEO Joe Nacchio
Qwest Executive Office Manager
Customer Advocacy Department