Doug,

I think I forgot to check if I got the VIA
chipset drivers update installed (I think
I did, but I cannot remember for sure).

I'll check for that and a driver and thank
for responding.

Troy

>>> doug at northlandstudios.com 08/16/01 10:41AM >>>
I've seen this before in win98...It's a driver issue, and could be the cd or
the via chipset driver or even some other one. Make sure win98 has the
updated via chipset drivers first, then search around for an updated cd-rw
driver for the drive under win98. If a disk or cd came with it try to
install the drivers for the cdrw off of there (if you haven't already).
Putting it in another machine will verify that the drive works, but the odds
of 2 different ones in the being bad are almost nil.  Win2k should pick them
both up no problem though...