I'm running Mandrake 8.0 and I'm having a problem using the PPP connection
that has been established via external Modem.

.. Here is the skinny
 I used kpp to configure dialup access, and the modem dials and connects to
my ISP just fine.  When I issue an >ifconfig I have 3 entries,
entry l0 for the localhost, entry eth0 for my local network and a ppp0 entry
(with the dynamic ip address and everything).

I directed a ping to the ppp entry (ping -I ppp0 www.google.com) and I get
nothing.. I try to connect to the net via netscape and get nothing.
To ensure that my ISP was still alive and kicking I moved the modem back to
my win box and everything still worked fine.

Can anyone lend any type of assistance?

- PJ