On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 07:57:15AM -0500, Florin Iucha wrote:
> I am able to browse with Mozilla when burning.
>
> I have a K6-III/500 with 256Mb RAM and the burner is a HP 7xxx (2x2x24) and I have
> never made a coaster.

I can beat that...

I had (up until the mobo died a couple months ago) a Cyrix 6x86/120
with an 8x8 SCSI CD-R hooked up an an Adaptec AHA-1520 (ISA) controller
and 96 M RAM.  That little box could serve out DNS, apache (including
mod_perl-generated content), NFS, and SMTP while burning, all without
a hitch.  Only ever made one coaster with it, and I think that was a
bad disk (it opened the session, but never started writing).

SCSI is a wonderful thing.

--
With the arrest of Dimitry Sklyarov it has become apparent that it is not
safe for non US software engineers to visit the United States. - Alan Cox