On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 03:43:50AM -0500, andy at theasis.com wrote:
> No, it is not "obviously an Outlook Express problem".  There must be
> something different about the formatting of a message sent by mutt in
> order to evoke this behavior (as compared to those MUAs that don't). It
> would be useful to know what that is.

Based on other threads I've read, this is caused by PGP signatures.
mutt does them in the currently RFC-approved fashion, everything else
uses an older method for attaching the signatures.  Unfortunately,
many mail readers (Outlook among them) don't understand the new
format yet.

Cue "do it the normal way so it works" vs. "do it the proper way so
people with software which only understands the old way will lean on
their vendors to make it work properly" holy war...  (Just don't
forget to specify whether you're talking about PGP in mutt or
List-Foo headers in Mailman.)

--
With the arrest of Dimitry Sklyarov it has become apparent that it is not
safe for non US software engineers to visit the United States. - Alan Cox