On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 12:20:36AM -0500, Bob Tanner wrote:
> What does the mailboxes do exactly?
>
> I looked on mutt.org (quickly) and did not find anything. I know it makes a
> folder look like incoming mail, but how do you use it? What are the advantages?

- mutt will notify you of new mail in any defined mailbox (New mail
in =tclug.).  If it notices new mail in multiple boxes
simultaneously, only the first one listed will be reported.

- When you hit 'c' to change folders, the destination will default
to the first defined mailbox with new messages.

- If you press <tab> when changing folders, one of the lists of
folders displayed is a list of mailboxes.  Any boxes with new
messages are marked on this list.

--
With the arrest of Dimitry Sklyarov it has become apparent that it is not
safe for non US software engineers to visit the United States. - Alan Cox