For the first time in history people of the world enjoy freedom of
communication. And "the price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

It is a great disappointment that this new freedom is heavily abused by
porno pushers, joystick junkies, and often invasive and sometimes
explicitly criminal behavior.

In fact the legal community is already quite active dealing with these
issues. The M$ monopoly case was based on (among other things) bundling
an internet browser to their dominant OS. The U.S. Congress is quite
active in trying to define public rights and protections. The FBI is
building a cyber crime division. States Attorneys General maintain staff
expert in internet commerce.

Maybe this and maybe that, but probably the indicators properly posted to
the TCLUG deserve more than a snickering dismissal.

On 8/15/01, 8:22:09 AM, Nate Carlson <natecars at real-time.com> wrote
regarding Re [TCLUG] AT&T filtering sites.sdm at 3.sdm: