Well then you are doing research. You are redefining the notion of an
"office pool." A very interesting effort. Its amazing you've made it
work.

But StarOffice is not a multiuser operating system, and did not fail its
intended use as originally implied.

On 8/15/01, 7:44:43 PM, Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com> wrote regarding
Re [TCLUG] StarOffice 5.2 install on 2.4.6, 2.4.7, 2.4.8 locks hard at 11.sdm:

> Quoting Tom Hudak (thudak at sistina.com):
> > >Oh, and if you work here, 512mb isn't enough. You run out quick.  :)
> > What the hell are you guys doing that's killing 512M on a workstation?? I
can
> > open vmware w/ 128 of my 384 dedicated to it, and still play quake w/
minimal
> > swap activity.

> Star Office, Mozilla (many, many windows), Emacs, xchat, gabber, many,
many
> xterms (one to each box on Real Time's network), Ximian GNOME (ouch!), X4
> w/xinerama, lots of VNC sessions, usually compiling something, be it new
RPMs
> for clients, new kernels, new Open Office build, new Enhydra, new
Mozilla, etc.