Quoting Tom Hudak (thudak at sistina.com):
> On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 09:14:32PM -0500, Bob Tanner wrote:
> >I got 512Mb RAM and 1.0Gb of swap. So I doubt it.
> GAH!!!! Get rid of that much swap!!! with 512 Meg of ram you shouldn't even
> touch the swap! (Remember, the whole idea behind it is that RAM was expensive,
> much more so that disk space for equivalent sizes so dump some stuff that was
> intended for RAM to disk when it's not a high priority etc.)

I'm a pig user that leaves tons of stuff open all over the place. I need the
swap. When I compile things, I want all the cruft to get swapped out and I
easily would blow out 1.5 X RAM for swap.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>       | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (952)943-8500