Quoting Tom Hudak (thudak at sistina.com):
> >In particular I'm see racid performance on serving up web content.
> Hmmmm, and you say it's not disk? (Don't mean to be skeptical) but how do you
> know, what's the disk config like. raid? block size? separate disk on separate
> bus for serving up content?

I'm accessing 1 servlet. I have stick'd the JVM into ram so it won't swap. The
servlet is 2K, so nothing ever comes off of disk.

> >We are using kernel 2.2.19. It's not a disk issue, everything is in core and
> >no swapping is taking place.

> What version Athlon is it? 200 or 266 FSB, how much cache? (I know stock
> athlons get 128K L1, but I've seen then with 384.) What kind of motherboard?
processor	: 0
vendor_id	: AuthenticAMD
cpu family	: 6
model		: 4
model name	: AMD Athlon(tm) Processor
stepping	: 2
cpu MHz		: 1007.382
cache size	: 256 KB
fdiv_bug	: no
hlt_bug		: no
sep_bug		: no
f00f_bug	: no
coma_bug	: no
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception	: yes
cpuid level	: 1
wp		: yes
flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat
pse36 psn mmxext mmx fxsr 3dnowext 3dnow
bogomips	: 2011.95

Without popping the case, can I get the motherboard type?

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>       | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (952)943-8500