> > 2. When all your 75Gb go down the tubes... You'll be sorry you were cheap.
>
> you mean you think paying more than 2x as much for scsi somehow protects
> you from drive failing?

Yes, I'm puzzled as well.  Are SCSI drives more reliable than IDE?  For my
money, an IBM ATA/100 7200RPM drive is sufficiently fast and just as
reliable as SCSI.  Referencing the original quote of $172 on Pricewatch
for a 76GB, beware.  Cheap drives are out there and they're not worth
their price.  Anything other than Seagate and IBM are not allowed in my
house.  Then I can spend all that money on an IDE RAID 5 controller.

-Brian