Hi,

On Wed, 15 Aug 2001, Bill Layer wrote:

> SCSI drives are overpriced for several reasons. First, a SCSI drive has
> the actual disk controller hardware on the SCSI drive itself.

True. This does improve performance, especially if you're doing CPU
intensive tasks.

> Second, SCSI drives are manufactured in lower quantities than are IDE
> drives, which increases production costs.

Yeah, this counts as "no good reason" in MY book - _I_ gain nothing from
it (:

> Even Apple computer, the long-time champion of the SCSI bus, has bailed
> in favor of big, cheap and reasonably fast IDE drives.

Hell with Apple, Sun are putting IDE in _servers_. And they're not even
putting "cheap big and fast" ones in, they're putting in crappily slow
15GB and charging the same.

> And yes... Beta was superior to VHS, too.

PAL is souperior to NTSC too. Lotta good it does me with all these PAL VHS
tapes lying around...

-Yaron