Don't know but I'll offer some guesses.

First guess, if you mean the 2.4.x kernel (or glibc) on Red Hat 7.0, then
you are doing research.

Second guess, if you have some Java runtime environments and installed
StarOffice using the wrong JRE version, it will lock hard. I have not
found a solution to installing StarOffice for linux with Java enabled.
StarOffice prefers the older JRE 1.1.8. Sun warns that JRE 1.2 will
itself lock Red Hat 7.0 hard. www.blackdown.com has some encouraging Java
downloads for linux, but I don't have the days for downloads. A lot of
catch 22s. If you figure it out, please let me know.

My best conclusion is to get SuSE 7.0. I really like SuSE 6.4 but Kylix
doesn't. If you have never tried SuSE you might like it. YAST (the SuSE
config tool) is much more complete than two or three of Red Hat's tools.
The file structure is much cleaner so you know what you've got and where
it goes. Also, my older PC is happier with an older kernel.

Otherwise, I've never had problems with (java disabled) StarOffice on
regular Red Hat 7.0.

RE

On 8/14/01, 5:30:51 AM, Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com> wrote regarding
[TCLUG] StarOffice 5.2 install on 2.4.6, 2.4.7, 2.4.8 locks hard.sdm:

> Installing Star Office on 2.4.6, 2.4.7 and 2.4.8 locks the box hard under
RedHat