On Tue, 14 Aug 2001 06:26:50 -0500 (CDT)
andy at theasis.com wrote:

> > Check out the new Opera 5.05 Technology Preview 1. They've added in
> > support for Netscape plugins, including Acrobat Reader, Flash, Java
etc.

> Does the browser still push banner ads at you.

(Spoken like a true Linux user...)

Yes, that is why you have the option of purchasing it! Commercial software
is not all evil, at least not in the case of Opera. I *do* have a
registered version of Opera these days, but to be honest, it's well worth
a little banner space to have such a fast, robust browser. A really fine,
standard browser is one of the things that is still holding Linux back; I
think that any proponent of Linux should joyfully embrace Opera, and what
it might do to bring Linux more into the mainstream.

IMHO,

                           -.bill.layer.-

-.those who are talking don't know, and those who know aren't talking.-

           -.frogtown.-     -.minnesota.-      -.u.s.a.-