If you want to run servers, and you have a nice fast connection at work, and
are/know the network admin, you can set up a tunnel from your home network
to work and use NAT to map your server at home to an IP at work.  You'll get
the extra latency of the tunnel, but if your latency to work is low, it's
not that noticable.

Jay