Pretty static, but not permanent.  I've gone as long as 45 days with the same
IP address... which usually only changes when there's a power outtage and/or
crash at your local AT&T Broadband cable hut.

BTW: Don't set your box up as having a static-IP address.  Use the dynamic-IP
leases, et al.  One of their "rules".

BTW**2: Don't count on having your apachie server serve anything.  They're blocking
inbound port 80 due to CodeRed problems.

Hope this helps'idly,

-S