Spencer J Sinn <ssinn at qwest.net> writes:

> Making changes or modifications to anyones machine without their express
> consent is illegal. Setting up an auto-mailer to contact the webmaster
> is not a bad idea. That is until their mail spools fill up from the
> auto-responders. The best cure is for people to take responsibility for
> their systems.

I agree with your legal analysis. It's my experience, however, that
the standard email addresses are usually not functioning on systems
that I have problems I need to report. Taking responsibility is
certainly what is necessary; the problem is that currently there is no
consequence for *NOT* taking responsibility.
--
David Dyer-Bennet      /      Welcome to the future!      /      dd-b at dd-b.net
Photos: http://dd-b.lighthunters.net/