On Sat, 11 Aug 2001, Bill Layer wrote:

> Is it possible to just pull & re-arrange keycaps from a QWERTY kb and make
> a Dvorak kb?

Yes, it is very possible to do that operation...
the problem I ran into when trying is that some keyboards have different
slopes on different rows of keys.  you have to find a keyboard that has
the same slope on all of the rows of keys.  I have found Compaq's
keyboards to be rather receptive to the operation.  The other issue is
that the F and J keys' connectors tend to be keyed 90 degrees off from the
other keys...so i ended up having 4 taped keys (used masking tape to
change what they key says on it) on any dvorak keyboards
around here.  I actually took one to work, too...annoyed the hell outta my
co-workers whenever they happened to need to use that computer.

- Justin