I wrote earlier this week about my mb dying.  After further trials, it
still lives.  I took the system apart so I could get to the connector
better and plugged it in and it worked.  The ps died.

Now I have my system reassembled and the NIC that I use to connect to
the internet seems not to be working.   Drivers for both cards are
loaded.  /proc/pci lists them both  When I plug the cable in, the link
light comes on on the back of the card but does not light up the hub.  I
have swap the the cord on the hub, nothing.  When I bring eth0 up with
ifconfig eth0 up, I get all the information.

The card is a netgear FA311.  It has served me well.

Anyone have any ideas,

TIA

John Miller