Im not sure you can only listen on the local net.  As the NetBOUI and NetBIOS
is not considered routeable, Samba is also considered as such. The only thing
is, it now encapsulates all that in TCP which IS routeable.  So your best
option may be to use iptables to block.  Though you should consider the
possibility of another samba server acting as a "router" in that someone from
an outside net could contact it to perform queries to your server.  I am not
sure about how it works, but someone once tried to describe the setup to me.
Not sure if its true, but sounded plausable knowing how the master browser
works.

Jay

--
Jay Kline
jay at slushpupie.com
http://www.slushpupie.com

You will be given a post of trust and responsibility.