Bob Tanner wrote:
 > Ok, most (all?) of us know Qwest sucks. Most of us know McLeod sucks.
I've

*** This is primarily just a rant about McLeod.  Feel free to ignore it
if you're not interested.

Y'know.  The first time McLeod called, asking if I wanted to switch my
local phone service, I was interested, but don't sign up for stuff
without having stuff in print.  He couldn't send me any information (bad
sign), but directed me to their website.  I thought 'Ok, cool.  I'll
look into this when I get time.'.

15 minutes later, I got another call.  I told her I was busy.  I was a
little annoyed.  Got rid of her, and 15 minutes later, I got ANOTHER
call.  I was considerably less interested in their service by this point.

2 days later, I get 2 more calls.  I tell them to take me off the list.

3 days after that, I get a call AGAIN, and this guy actually gets snippy
with me.  I said 'I'll look into it when I get time.' 'What, you don't
have 5 minutes?' 'No, I don't have 5 minutes.  I'll look at it when I
get time.' 'So, you're never going to consider it, are you?' 'At this
rate, no.  Take me off your list.' and he hung up on me.

On the plus side, they apologized when I called McLeod the next day to
make sure I was off their list (he hadn't removed me) and issue a
complaint.  I realize they hired a telemarketing company to do the
calls, so McLeod itself didn't necessarily do this much to piss me off,
but these are people they hired to represent them, I don't want anything
to do with them.

It seemed like a nice idea to have an alternative for local phone
service, but it's hard to be enthusiastic when they work so hard to piss
you off.

--
Michael Vieths
Email:  Foeclan at Winternet.com