Nate Carlson wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, Simeon Johnston wrote:
> > Is this correct?  If so I think I'll switch over reeeeaaaaal soon.
> > I've been having a lot of power problems lately and no UPS's (don't
> > bother me with crap like "you should always have a UPS" and "What the
> > hell are you thinking".  No UPS.  Get over it.  You'll be happy to know
> > I do have power cleaners).
>
> How can you justify not having UPS's when you can get a APC Back-UPS Pro
> 280 (more than enough for a personal workstation in most cases) for <
> $125? Seriously, the time it takes you to manually rebuild the filesystems
> after an unclean shutdown will more than cover that..
I thought it said DON'T give me crap about not having a UPS...
:)

We are looking into it.  We have a few UPS's but not on everything (and
no plan to put one on everything either).
IMO the computer and OS should be made to withstand blackouts/sudden
power loss, spikes etc and keep on kickin'.  I don't see why I should
have to buy more equipment because of half assed manufactured components.
Just my view of the way thing's should be.

sim