We had a bad power outage last night.  Someone ran into a phone pole or
something...  Surged on and off for a while before we got all the
machines off.  A bunch of our machines have some major problems now.
I am wondering if there is a better filesystem then ext2 for this kind
of thing?  IIRC RieserFS and Ext3 wouldn't have a problem with sudden
and complete losses of power because of the way they right to the HD.
Actually any Journaling FS should be like this.
I'm not sure but that's what I heard.

Is this correct?  If so I think I'll switch over reeeeaaaaal soon.
I've been having a lot of power problems lately and no UPS's (don't
bother me with crap like "you should always have a UPS" and "What the
hell are you thinking".  No UPS.  Get over it.  You'll be happy to know
I do have power cleaners).

Is there a filesystem that is built to handle this sort of thing.
If not there should be.

sim