On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Nate Straz wrote:

> AT&T should have sent you a new agreement when they bought out MediaOne.
> If you haven't been a customer since the buyout... don't make me flame
> you.

Ok, sorta OT.  I have <insert cable provider here> running in my
apartment, and of course I've got linux boxen serving up all sorts of
stuff (web, mail, IRC, etc).  The funny thing is that when I signed up for
service I got NOTHING resembling an AUP.  I saw two sheet of paper, one
was the work order that I had to sign to prove that yes, the cable tech
showed up and yes, the cable modem was looking OK when he left.  The
second weas from the PC tech who made me sign something that yes, I had
connectivity.  I have both of these papers, and they say NOTHING about
policies, just work orders.  I've never been shown any sort of policy, and
I thought that was weird.

Anyway, if they got snooty and wanted to bust me, do I have any legit
claim that I was never informed from ANYONE that I couldn't do it?  As
Nate pointed out it's "common knowledge" that you're not supposed to, but
that may be a load of crap.

-Brian