On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 09:23:56AM -0500, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 08:14:43AM -0500, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
> > > Here is a link that says you can not host servers.  It is dated
> 6-27-2001.
> > >
> > > http://help.broadband.att.com/faq.jsp?content_id=416&category_id=11
> >
> > Can you find the page that links to that page?  I haven't found anyone
> > that can.  Search results don't count.
>
> I didn't do a search.  Go here:  http://help.broadband.att.com/
>
> Look down in the lower left, item 4.
 Top 5 Questions
1. How Do I Add an E-mail Account?

2. How Do I Install a Home Network?

3. How Do I Powercycle My Cable modem?

4. How Do I Change My Password?

5. How Do I Know if There's a Service Interruption in My Area?

> Somehow, I think AT&T has all the authority in the world to enforce this.
> Further, it has been common knowledge for a long time that MediaOne
> explicitly did NOT allow you to run services.  I have seen nothing that
> changed that with AT&T.

Common knowledge isn't fact.  Isn't it common knowledge that you get
cramps if you swim after eating?  Inbreeding is common in Arkansas?
Free software is the same as Open Source?  There is a lot of common
knowledge that is absolutely false.  This is one of them.

AT&T should have sent you a new agreement when they bought out MediaOne.
If you haven't been a customer since the buyout... don't make me flame
you.

Nate