Mike Hicks wrote:

> Nate Straz <nate at techie.com> wrote:
> >
> > BTW, AT&T updated their Code Red help page.
> >
> > http://help.broadband.att.com/faq.jsp?content_id=792&category_id=54
>
> Interesting.  Looking at the Q&As on that page, it doesn't appear that
> running services is explicitly denied.  They're just responding to the
> fact that this worm can ``interfere with the ability of any other person
> to use or enjoy the AT&T Equipment or the Service.''  Then again, they may
> explicitly state it elsewhere.

In fact, it's explicitly stated elsewhere (in the subscriber agreement) that
you can run HTTP servers, but do so at your own risk.  See section 9,
paragraph b of: http://help.broadband.att.com/subagreelease.jsp for details.

Based on the AT&T WWW references I've seen today, it kind of looks like AT&T
is going out of their way to not say "no http servers", but at the same time
they're saying if you interfere with general use (as in running a CodeRed
infected box that spews those "GET /default.ida?XXXXX" all over creation),
then they'll cut off your service.

It's a real mixed message.

Not a laywer, but I play one TV'idly,

-S