My understanding is that Mediaone (before being bought by AT&T) didn't allow
servers, but that AT&T doesn't care.

I checked last night prior to my original posting on this topic.  The only
thing I could find that mentioned HTTP servers in any of the multiple "user
agreements" they've posted was on their web site:

          > (b) FTP/HTTP Service Setup. Customer should be
          > aware that when using the Service to access the
          > Internet or any other online network or service,
          > there are certain applications, such as FTP
          > (File Transfer Protocol) server or HTTP (Hyper
          > Text Transfer Protocol) server, which may be
          > used to allow other Service users and Internet
          > users to gain access to Customer's computer. If
          > Customer chooses to run such applications,
          > Customer should take the appropriate security
          > measures. Neither AT&T nor @Home Network shall
          > have any liability whatsoever for any claims,
          > losses, actions, damages, suits or proceedings
          > resulting from, arising out of or otherwise
          > relating to the use of such applications by
          > Customer, including without limitation, damages
          > resulting from others accessing Customer's
          > computer.

If you're an AT&T Broadband customer, you can find the full document quoted
above at http://help.broadband.att.com/subagreelease.jsp

-S