Steve Siegfried writes:

> Folks,
>
> I was wondering why my WWW hit monitors suddenly went to zero.  Then I
> checked and found out why:  No hits.  When I logged into my backup ISP and
> tried "lynx http://zjod.net", I got, "Unable to contact remote host." I also
> checked ftp, ssh, and telnet, which all worked.  Only http access wasn't
> going through.
>
> So, I've got a favor to ask...
>
> Could those of you with AT&T/Mediaone as your ISP who are also running web
> servers please check your http access logs?  When you do, I think you'll
> find the last outside (non-AT&T) access your web server had was on or about
> 1am CDT on August 6'th.

This exact same thing happened to me. I spent the whole damn night
reconfig'ing my firewall trying to figure it out.

It was extra weird because I could connect to my port 80 from
some machines around the world, but not others.

One of the MySQL developers that lives in Estonia for instance, could
connect to my port 80 from his server at his friend's ISP, but not
from his own home machine (different ISP).

> Gee, it sure woulda been nice to be notified prior to having my ability to
> serve web pages cut off!
>
> If someone could verify that I'm not the only one affected, then I think
> it's past time I call the Public Utilities Commission to lodge a
> complaint.

I agree completely. I would sign-on to your complaint.

    Matt

--
For technical support contracts, visit https://order.mysql.com/