I am just getting started with Linux.
I have been downloading different ISOs and installing them on the various
and sundry machines around my house.
At this point - Mandrake has been the simplest install for a stand-alone
system.
Caldera Has been the best for a Linux dual boot system added to a running
Windows box.
It is surpassingly difficult to put Linux on a second drive with some
packages - they insist on trying to partition my C drive.

The BSD package is the only one that would work on some of the older 486
boxes.
The problems have been with large( < 1gb) disks on older BIOS chips.
Is there a simple way to convince Linux to work with this older hardware?

I have yet to get sound to work on any of the installs, even though all of
the boxes make noise under Windows.
Sigh.

The only important thing I am lacking at this point is a program that
provides the function of Moray - a graphical front end for Povray.
Any suggestions for a good 3-d modeler that works well with Povray?

Mark Browne