Bah! Lucent....  :)

Actually, have you checked out Netscreen's firewalls?
http://www.netscreen.com.  The company was started by former Pix developers
and some guys from Intel.  Very cool stuff.  They make everything from
personal firewalls for home offices to big enterprise ones.  Pricing on the
enterprise series is a little higher than Cisco, but they will probably
match cisco's price to get you to buy the things, and the performance kicks
the crap out of most anything else.  My next firewall purchase might be a
redundant pair of these, I'll have to see if I can get a demo setup first
though.

I have a PIX at home, but since you need at least 2 ip's on the external
interface to use it, I have to move to a linux firewall when I move into my
new place since I only get one dhcp assigned address from my cable modem.
Doh.  I'll probably install Astaro (http://www.astaro.com)

Jay

http://www.ringworld.org/  #linuxos at irc.openprojects.net