On Monday 06 August 2001 07:20 pm, you wrote:
> These things are not nearly as dangerous to the environment.  For one
> thing, they are solid speres and there is no liquid waste.  Thus, they
> could be buried, worst case would be in cement or steel slabs.  I am sure
> there are some logistics involved, but it is not anywhere near as much of a
> problem as current reactor waste, as there is heavy water generated in
> these reactors which must be stored.

My whole point with the wind energy debacle, you don't need to bury a turbine
or encase it in cement for the next 10,000 years after its life expentancy.
I feel that it doesn't matter wether it is liquid waste, or solid waste, rods
vs spheres, you're still just making steam to turn a turbine.
Comparative cost of producing wind turbines vs cost of manufacture,
transport, utilize, recycle (into what?) and dispose safely for the next few
millenia, uranium or a derivative, wind is cheaper.