I take it this has something to do with wireless??

If you have your ham license, the max power you can use to transmit at
2.4ghz goes from 1 watt, to 100 watts.  The limits are lower on a high gain
antenna, but you still get more power.  And you are immune to some city
zoning laws on how high your antenna can be.  :)

If someone knows when the next hamfest is in the twin cities, please tell
me.  I keep planning on taking the test for the license, but most of the
time it's really early on a Saturday morning and I'm too lazy to roll out of
bed for it.  Apparently, you can take the tests at the hamfest.

Jay