Yaron wrote:

>   Hey,
>
> So, I'm up to over 300 hits for the damn thing, so I figured it'd be fun
> to check out the web servers that are hitting me with it.
>
> A lot of them are just stupid script kiddies or less, which is hardly
> surprising. For instance, I've been invited to join in the wonderful world
> of Stephen's Hip-Hop, and asked to do impossible and illegal things to the
> USA Government.
>
> But then I got one from www.newltel.com. They're a freaking telco/ISP!!!
> Yeah, I'm going to use YOUR local phone services...
>

> -Yaron

Yeah, for the latest variant (with X's instead of N's in the http ref), I'm
at over 300 hits too....

Between the broadcast pinging and the portscans, my cable modem's receive light
was lit almost constantly yesterday from about 5pm on.

Of the CodeRedII hits that nslookup doesn't fail on, nslookup showed they came
from:
        48%     .home.com
        18%     .rr.com
         7%     .mediaone.net
         4%     .shawcable.net
         4%     .dyn.optonline.net

It almost looks like the damn thing was tailored to go after cable customers.

-S