On Sun, Aug 05, 2001 at 11:20:17PM -0400, Jon Schewe wrote:
> Am I hosed and I just do a fresh install and restore from tape?  Or is there
> some way to recover this?

Although it's certainly not guaranteed to work, have you tried changing
the two resized partitions back to their original configuration?  This
could at least get sda7 and 8 working well enough to pull them off to
tape so that you can then reformat and restore them after (rere)resizing
5 and 6.

--
With the arrest of Dimitry Sklyarov it has become apparent that it is not
safe for non US software engineers to visit the United States. - Alan Cox