* Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com> [010804 15:19]:
> Scott wanna post your reasons why not to run bind-9 in a production environment?

Mostly because I haven't had long-term experience with it.  I just
recently installed it while I was at USENIX.  I haven't had any
catastrophic problems, yet.  But mostly this is a 'wait and see theres
usually some crazy ass bug in major rewrites of bind and it hasn't
happened yet, whats going on'.  Look how long it took to get bind4
people up to bind8 :)

I don't want to give *anyone* a false sense of security by having them
put out their resources too far when they dont need any new bind9
features, such as DNSSEC or secure xfers, etc.

--
Scott Dier <dieman at ringworld.org> <sdier at debian.org>
http://www.ringworld.org/  #linuxos at irc.openprojects.net