> > 	somewhere I probably still have a pile of 5.25" floppies with my
> > Apple BASIC programs on it.
> Actually, they did have an OS... several, actually. Apple DOS 3.3 was
> the primary one, which was something like a fusion of a simple shell and
> a BASIC interpreter.
	hmm. never saw it. which isn't saying much. :)

> But it was decidedly more than the BASIC ROM, in
> that it would actually work with disks. The BASIC ROM only handled
> cassette tapes IIRC.
	I certainly seem to have done quite well with floppy disks for it.
:) I had *heard* of hard drives, but I don't think I ever saw one (or at
least never recognized one for what it was).
	I also remember doing dumb things like sending a line feed to the
printer (over a shared appletalk network!) and thinking that was so cool. :)

you know what? I don't miss it much at all. :)

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises