Mac users are probably staying for now because MSN is probably going to make
all windows people install their crappy "connection" software.  I bet it
tracks your browsing habits and searches for pirated MS software.  :)

They're doing a lot of weird stuff in preparation for the XP launch.  .NET
is tied into their database stuff now and adds some pretty cool XML caching
capabilities, so if you want to use stuff like that to improve the
performance of your webservers, you're stuck with MS SQL server, which sucks
if you want to move to oracle.