On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, Brian Carter-Stiglitz wrote:

> Well both the card and the version of X are possibilities, I am running a ATI
> Rage pro 128, and still have X 3 ruinning.  Thanks, for the help- now I have
> a couple more things to explore.

How'd you get the Rage Pro working on X3?  IIRC there isn't a set of
drivers for it (unless they released it in a LATE version of X3) or you've
tweaked the Mach64 driver in some fashion.  If I were you I'd try using
Gnome for awhile, just to see if you can isolate it down to XFree or the
desktop manager.  If it's a problem with X, try a different card.

FYI the machine I have issues with has the identical video card in it.

-Brian