I imagine there isn't anyone on this list who can come up with a pile of
reasons why this should not be so,, but that's no guarantee of anything. This
is just the kind of thing these aholes would pull, and it's almost hard to see
it not working. Create a problem and then market a supposed solution.

Given the level of computer illiteracy in the nation (plenty of past discussion
on this topic before) and the idiocy of the "leaders" of this country, it's
certainly plausible. Imagine, the people who brought you the worst security in
the world would be the guardians of all the confidential information. And
people will buy this. Not everyone, of course, but there won't be enough
fighters to stem the tide.

What I really can't figure out is how all these computer science types are so
silent. I'm reminded of the evolution debate (I **DO NOT** want to start a
religious war or scinetific debate here). In scientific circles, there is no
question to the validity of the theory. But there really isn't anyone to carry
fight, so places outlaw it being taught in the schools. This is a battle that's
been going on for decades and is still not over. So where are the poeple with
the credentials to make this war winnable???

And the band played on...

Ed

Very scary indeed, now the idea of M$ trying that is very plausible, but it
actually happening.....not so sure about that. Ofcourse I have kinda predicted
that the internet would evolve into something kinda like that with the credit
card and all, kinda "The Running Man"-ish. Either way some one has to run it
all, M$ probably figures why not them.

Jason
>Bob Tanner wrote:
>>
>> http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/pulpit20010802.html
>>
>> Isn't replacing TCP/IP with TCP/MS on the Internet going to make MS even
MORE of