OK I am not sure where to begin  so here goes:  I am running a modified
Redhat 6.2 distribution put together by the U of Minn (Gopher Linux) as a KDE
workstation.  The distribution came with KDE 1.something and I upgraded it to
2.2.1.  At any rate have been running it for about 3 weeks now, and the
system has locked up 4 times while in kde (no mouse or keyboard, the 3 finger
salute does nothing, i have not tried to telnet in when it is locked) some of
the lock ups have occurred when actually using the computer. It has also
completely rebooted while in kde  times--twice when i left the computer for a
few minutes and once when I was using it.  First of all, it may have nothing
to do with kde, i always run it when i use the computer, secondly the
rebooting and lock ups may be unrelated.

I have looked through of all of the logs in /var/log and have found nothing
happening at the time when the computer flakes out.  I am very GREEN so if
anyone can suggest where else I can look to diagnose this problem please let
me know.  The machine is dual boot and is quite stable under a "micro"
WinLite OS.

TIA

BCS