On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 07:12:05PM -0500, johndmiller wrote:
> I have mediaone.one for an ISP and am using Fetchmail -> Procmail -> pine
> for my mail service.  Is it possible to do Fetchmail -> Qmail    then
> have pine retrive it off Qmail.  I am thinking that I might be able to
> because Fetchmail takes the mail off the isp mail server and passes it to
> SMTP on the localmachine.
>
> The reason is I want to do this is partly to try to set up qmail, I am
> also in the process of setting up a box that will be a firewall,
> mailserver, Webserver.
>
> Please let me know if what I want to do is possible.

Qmail should be able to deliver to Mailbox format style folders, you
need to start qmail like this: qmail-start ./Mailbox splogger qmail

Pine with a patch (or does it finaly do this out of the box?) should
be able to read Maildirs though (Which is the default format qmail
stores mail as).

You can still use procmail to process your mail by putting this in your
.qmail: |/var/qmail/bin/preline /usr/local/bin/procmail

..

--
  Thomas Eibner <http://thomas.eibner.dk/> DnsZone <http://dnszone.org/>
  mod_pointer <http://stderr.net/mod_pointer>