OK. I don't really agree with your interpretation of the quote. To me it
says:
 - The worm is a disruption of the level of a teenage prank.
    Not that he thinks it was created and launched by a single teenager.

 - OTOH, To Salus all of us are kids. The bright kids he refers to are in
   contrast to the old geezers like himself and his cronies, including
   folks like Vint Cerf.

Finally, I'm willing to bet that the 2 sentences, even if accurate quotes,
were not printed in the same context as they were said. Knowing Peter,
there was a whole paragraph between them. That's just journalism.

Andy