On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 03:26:04AM -0500, Bill Layer wrote:
>Just a heads-up.. Sylpheed 0.5.2 is out today. This email client is
>maturing very nicely - yet remains under 1MB for a source download, and
>the compiled binary is only 1.8MB! If they could just abandon the standard
>GTK text widget, the interface would be so much smoother.

The mutt-1.2.5 tarball is 1.9 MB, and the compiled binary is 484k.

Not only this but it's lighter on resources to run. Faster to use as it's
all keyboard based. Supports all types of mailboxes, as well as POP3,
IMAP. Supports gpg, spellchecking, handles mime types properly, attach
files. and you can either run it in a terminal emulator or from console.

And it lets you use your editor of choice and pager of choice for reading
and composing mail.

Mutt is geeks best friend.

--
Ben Lutgens