> Ain't my machine.  I don't think the U would appreciate it if I started
> having replacement keyboards drop shipped to their labs C.O.D.
>
> On a not very related note, I took my son to the library this weekend and
> found that there's no reason to go wait in line for the internet terminal
> when then unused card catalog machines are perfectly happy to go to any
> URL you want, provided you're smart enough to find the menu that gives you
> the ie "type it in" menu.  (St. Paul Public Library, anyway.)

I tutor people at the library to help them learn to use the www, they just
changed their system at the mpls public library. Now you need to login with
your library card at only specific terminals. The new system is really
irritating because it keeps popping up this box asking if you are still
there.  Very difficult when you are trying to teach someone to use the
mouse. "No, click the YES button". I used to teach more advanced users that
they could check their webmail from "card catalog" machines, but, alas,
those days are gone, or I need to move to St. Paul.

~jacque