On Mon, 30 Apr 2001 jethro at yaron.org wrote:

>   Hi,
>
> Quoting Phil Mendelsohn <mend0070 at tc.umn.edu>:
>
> > OK, first, let me say how much I hate Sun's keyboards.  Every time I
> > want to capitalize the letter 'o' I postpone the message I'm composing.  I
> > submit that this is why *nix folks don't like to capitalize.
>
> Sun have PC-style keyboards. You just have to call Sun and have them replace
> your Type5. Assuming this is a NEW system (:

Ain't my machine.  I don't think the U would appreciate it if I started
having replacement keyboards drop shipped to their labs C.O.D.

On a not very related note, I took my son to the library this weekend and
found that there's no reason to go wait in line for the internet terminal
when then unused card catalog machines are perfectly happy to go to any
URL you want, provided you're smart enough to find the menu that gives you
the ie "type it in" menu.  (St. Paul Public Library, anyway.)

--
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous