On Sun, 29 Apr 2001 22:57:32 -0500 (CDT)
"Yaron" <jethro at freakzilla.com> wrote:

>   Hi,
>
> So what's up with that?

Sorry if I dropped the ball, I was on vacation (holiday?) in Iceland and
UK for 10 days. BTW, I'm back. If Phil or someone can devise an analog
circuit that runs from a digital source (like a serial port or, even
better, the PC speaker idea...) I'm all for it. I'm not an EE by any
means, my knowledge is pretty much limited to analog (vacuum tube even)
audio circuits.

Is there an existing driver for the PC speaker, like the one that MS
offers for free? That driver has it's problems, though, like a need to
halt all interrupts to play a proper .wav file (and then, only a small 2
sec segment....) Obviously, we don't need to play a .wav, we justy need to
pulse the speaker at a nominal frequency (60 Hz?) and varying amplitude.

If someone can find a way to use the PC speaker, I think we are in a good
place.

                           -.bill.layer.-

-.those who are talking don't know, and those who know aren't talking.-

           -.frogtown.-     -.minnesota.-      -.u.s.a.-